Studio 23 was founded in 2002 by Owner and Creative Director Lee Willett. Lee holds a B.S. from the Ohio State University and studied graphic design at the Basel School of Design in Switzerland. He is a designer and educator whose work has won regional and national awards by Print Magazine, the AIGA and others. His online work has included building sites for companies and organizations in the fields of art, finance, education and technology.
Lee has been the creative leader behind Studio 23 since its founding and has extensive experience developing online and offline communication materials for industries as diverse as art, banking, real estate, education, cultural organizations and municipalities. His experiennce incudes being the creative director on the redesign of such brand-name sites as Scholastic.com and Atkins.com. Additionally, he has launched sites for cultural organizations such as the American Museum of Natural History, the Borough of the Bronx, the City of Yonkers and Bedford Community Church.
Lee has also been an Associate Professor of Graphic Design at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn and at The University of the Arts in Philadelphia. He has taught courses in Web Development, Identity Development, Typography and Design Systems. He graduated from The Ohio State University with a BSID in Design and completed two years of graduate studies at the Allegmine Schule für Gestaltung (School of Design), Basel, Switzerland.
- Designed Scholastic.com and oversaw all production of the site, including parent area, teacher store, kids online area and public store.
- Designed Atkins.com and oversaw all production of site including member area and store.
- Designed and developed Gold exhibition site for the American Museum of Natural History as well as online marketing badges to promote the site.
- Designed and developed DinosAlive.com in conjunction with the American Museum of Natural History and Giant Screen Films.
- Designed and developed Bitforms.com, a site for an electronic arts gallery. The site is bilingual in Korean and English.
- Designed and developed SoftwareArtSpace.com which includes e-commerce functions as well as back-end transfer of orders to a regional fulfillment house for processing of orders.
- Designed and developed Pratt.edu site which dynamically pulled information from various administrative databases on different platforms (site no longer available).
- Designed a site for an online P2P service for Citibank. Produced online and offline marketing materials for the site as well.
- Designed PlowHearth.com, an e-commerce catalog site.
- Designed AIGhighstar.com, an informational site for a division of AIG. Back-end capabilities include encrypted financial transactions to personal portfolios.
- Developed and maintained Web portals and created promotional materials for municipalities such as the City of Yonkers and the Borough of the Bronx.
- Agency of record for The Jewish Theological Seminary and its associated undergraduate and graduate schools.
- Designed and developed BedfordCommunityChurch.org site, which includes a members-only portal and posting center that allows registered members of the congregation to contact each other and post articles of interest to all.